Friday 6 May 2016

Geometry gone wild!

We just couldn't sit inside on such a beautiful day!!!
We are working on 2-dimensional shapes and their attributes so we took it outside.

The students were asked to make shapes using sticks and chalk.
Here is some of their work!




It may look like a pile of sticks but the students built, named, and 
described triangles, rectangles, squares, trapezoids, hexagons, pentagons, and rhombus'.

"It's a pentagon house, then I put a stick to show the roof.  Now I have
a trapezoid and a triangle.


"We turned our shapes into a hopscotch!"


"Ours are labelled...here is a pentagon..."






"This one is wierd...it's a rectangle but it's tipped..."
"It's a parallelogram!"



"I made an Inukshuk with my shapes!"


"I made a kitty...I didn't use sticks but I made a picture...look...the 
kitty's legs are rhombus', the head is a hexagon, the ears are triangles..."














The kids loved learning this way...and I think they will remember the 
names of the new shapes.

No comments:

Post a Comment