Sunday 21 October 2018

VENN Diagram Stories

The month of September was spent learning about making important connections
when we read.  First we focused on making connections between what we read and our own lives.  
Finding ways to connect to a story allows us to better understand the feelings of the characters and situations in the story.  

Once we had that under control we began making connections between books that we have read.  
The kids really enjoyed reading I Need My Monster.  We found out that the book was also made into a short animated film so we watched that too!  Click on the link to hear/watch the story.

Image result for i need my monster




Image result for i need my monster video



Then we read There's a Monster Under My Bed.  Click on the link to hear the story.

Image result for Theres a monster under my bed



Each student then created their own VENN diagram to compare these two stories.  They did
some amazing writing about these stories.



No comments:

Post a Comment